|Number of games||100+|
Sportsworld was located at the Paramus Towne Square shopping center, located on 200 Route 17 in Paramus, New Jersey.
Sportsworld had many indoor attractions such as:
- Simulation motion theater.
- Bumper cars.
- Other rides, including a Himalaya ride and tea cups
- Bowling alley.
- Over 100 cabinet arcade games including DDR.
- A children's play area with tubes and slides
- Haunted house. (Seasonal).
- Laser Tag.
- Miniature golf.
The arcade/known gamesEditAll machines used specially-designed Sportsworld tokens. Many games would award players tickets based on their score. Players could then take their tickets up to a prize counter and reward themselves from a variety of items, such as: school supplies, mood rings, stuffed animals, or small electronics.
- Dance Dance Revolution (several)
- Time Crisis
- Time Crisis II
- House of the Dead
- Initial D
Sportsworld unfortunately closed in/around 2007 and the space was taken over by a Raymour & Flanigan. Unfortunately, the owner of Sportsworld was never very vocal about why the popular arcade had to close. Residents of NJ still hope for its return.